… exclusively by the Scoliosis SLC centre
It is mainly used for cervical fractures. It rests on the chest, and holds and immobilises the head and the neck, whilst creating an extension and preventing rotational movements.
It is made of a thermoplastic material, polypropylene or polyethylene, without any metallic propping and with a soft internal lining. It weighs 500-900gr with a thickness up to 3mm.
It fits perfectly and safely.
The Scoliosis SLC centre offers the following services free of charge during the treatment:
- Formetric 4D measurement to control the corrections while we keep a follow-up protocol from the first visit.
- Repeated controls in order to enhance the pressures and relieves because of the somatometric variations brought forth by growth and the correction of the spine due to the use of the brace.
- Choice of pattern and colour.
- Special undershirt, long, hypoallergenic, 100% cotton, made in Greece, seamless, in order to avoid any irritation.
- Instructions on the use and maintenance of the brace.
- Transportation bag.
- 2-year warranty.
The duration of use, the time-table and the type of brace are set on a case-by-case basis, always in collaboration with the treating physician and the orthopaedics technician specialist at our centre.