The inflatable vest is recommended for post-surgical cases, (spondylodesis), and fractures An airbag is placed internally allowing to increase or reduce the lumbar lordosis. It decompresses the intervertebral discs and the user feels safe, steady and a pain reduction.
At the Scoliosis SLC centre, we can exclusively manufacture the inflatable vest in two different ways and with different materials.
Either using a thermoplastic, hypoallergenic material with internal airbag support, or polyurethane, where a full body base (jersey) is filled with hot polyurethane and for a specific period of time, until it cools down, we arrange internally the pressures and the lordosis angle, integrating the airbag.
The Scoliosis SLC centre offers the following services free of charge during the treatment:
- Formetric 4D measurement to control the corrections while we keep a follow-up protocol from the first visit.
- Repeated controls in order to enhance the pressures and relieves because of the somatometric variations brought forth by growth and the correction of the spine due to the use of the brace.
- Choice of pattern and colour.
- Special undershirt, long, hypoallergenic, 100% cotton, made in Greece, seamless, in order to avoid any irritation.
- Instructions on the use and maintenance of the brace.
- Transportation bag.
- 2-year warranty.
The duration of use, the time-table and the type of brace are set on a case-by-case basis, always in collaboration with the treating physician and the orthopaedics technician specialist at our centre.