… exclusively from Scoliosis SLC
The thoracic brace is used only by adults. It is recommended for fractures from T11 to L5, spondylolysis, spondylolisthesis, intervertebral disc herniation, stenosis and post-operative situations.
The thoracic brace is made of thermoplastic, hypoallergenic material, without any metallic supports, opening and closing in the front, granting the user full autonomy. The thoracic brace is particularly light in weight, 300-500 gr and 2mm thick.
It offers partial support, body posture improvement without any pressure on the chest and the armpits, helps relieve pain (rachialgia) and does not move forward when the user is in a seated position.
Comfortable, well tolerated and invisible under clothes.
The Scoliosis SLC centre offers the following services free of charge during the treatment:
- Formetric 4D measurement to control the corrections while we keep a follow-up protocol from the first visit.
- Repeated controls in order to enhance the pressures and relieves because of the somatometric variations brought forth by growth and the correction of the spine due to the use of the brace.
- Choice of pattern and colour.
- Special undershirt, long, hypoallergenic, 100% cotton, made in Greece, seamless, in order to avoid any irritation.
- Instructions on the use and maintenance of the brace.
- Transportation bag.
- 2-year warranty.
The duration of use, the time-table and the type of brace are set on a case-by-case basis, always in collaboration with the treating physician and the orthopaedics technician specialist at our centre.